Google

Friday, December 7, 2012

How to speed up my Macbook games | Mountain Lion Games so slow

Why games are so slow in my Macbook. The Mac games are running slow after updating Mac OS X to Mountain Lion OS X10.8. Are you also seeking the solution of this problem ? Here we are discussing the causes and fixes of this issue.

There are many Macbook users, like me, who spend most of their time with their Macbook and that too playing latest games on it. I am a true player and love downloading latest games. Please mind that I am a true software developer also. I have enjoyed my Macbook features to their peak and never had any complaint in last 7 months. But, my leisure was beaten very badly after I updated my OS X to Mountain Lion.

My Macbook started running like a snail. First I tried to resolve the issue myself but, it didn't happen. Then I went to my friend, little smarter than me, to see if he had any suggestion. He first checked my system configuration and compared it with those required for Mac OS X 10.8.

My current configuration
  • OS X v10.7
  • 2GB of memory
  • 10 GB of free space


Requirements for Mountain Lion
  • OS X v10.6.8 or later
  • 2GB of memory
  • 8GB of available space
So, it was quite clear that memory was of course optimum for Mountain Lion but the problem was caused due to lack of free memory. He suggested me to delete some items like duplicate files , universal binaries, language files and cache from hard drive. 

Although the task could have done manually but it would have consumed too much time. So, he suggested me to go for Stellar Speed Up Mac for an automatic cleanup process. The tool can be scheduled to free memory at desired intervals.


So, I first downloaded the trial version which shown me the amount of space to be gained after a complete scan. The best part of this tool is the interface and efficiency. Its so cool. Now, once again I am back in my world of games with a new weapon called Stellar Speed Up Mac.

No comments:

Post a Comment