Google

Monday, June 23, 2014

Defrag Macbook with Stellar Defragmenting software


Like many other Macbook users I used to think that my Mac can never get slower and can never be infected by virus attack. But, my idea didn’t remain so.  My Mac started slowing down after 3 years and it was becoming pathetic to work with it.



I searched online to fix the issue but, didn’t get any workable answer. My cousin, who is a Sr. developer at Microsoft, shared his knowledge with me and suggested to find some defragmenting software for Macbook.



As everyone knows there is neither such built-in application for the task nor is suggested by Apple. According to Apple, Mac HFS+ file system is smart enough to handle file fragmentation.



But, still I wanted to give a try and continued my search for some third party tool. I got Stellar Drive Defrag in its latest version ie; 3. It shows option to defrag either a volume or a single large file.  On selecting my bootvolume, it shows fragmented files, which was very shocking. 



Stellar Drive Defrag



I did nothing but defrag my volume and restart the machine. This time I can see my Macbook working like it used to, a couple of years ago.



Pros: Very clear and precise interface to perform with effective results.

Cons: Takes little longer at large volumes

Recommendation: Can be recommended to Mac users who have tried every possible solution to to fix their slow Mac.

No comments:

Post a Comment